Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reputation: Pizza Box.

I'm not going to lie. I love Pizza. I think it's best thing to ever be created. Bread with stuff on it, good stuff, oh heaven.

In admitting I love Pizza, I will also admit that I eat it a lot. In fact when I am in school I am usually to busy to realize what food I have stocked in my fridge. More often than not, all that lingers in the tall cold box is condiments and expired condiments!

VARIETY!

Instead of going to town on a jar of mayonnaise with a spoon I opt to order my favorite meal. Pizza! Usually covered in meat, usually accompanied with bread sticks and if available, dips! The euphoria I experience when it arrives is sheer happiness. Then quickly I turn into a raging beast ready to rip apart its prey. I can't tear the box open fast enough. I select the piece closest to me and sloppily extract it and drop it on my plate. I savagely eat it and then go back for more and more. I'm sure if the pizza were a living creature the screams and terror it belts from it's cardboard casing would be heart wrenching and disturbing. I wouldn't care though cause I have warm delicious pizza!!!

The eating of the pizza is quite atrocious as well, I won't describe it, but let's just say I am glad no one can see me eat while alone in the comfort of my own home. It's disgusting. I'm sure people would rather see me eat that mayonnaise with a spoon (goes well with paprika).

The reason for writing this blog is because I have garnered a certain reputation around my apartment building. A reputation I only became aware of recently. A tenant was hosting a little new years get together for everyone in the building. I decided to go cause I was sure there'd be food. I'm not particularly close with any of my neighbours, so they probably knew why I was there. Plus the fact I was mostly hanging out by the snack table. Also mostly because I ate all the oysters wrapped in bacon and people were upset, whatever, it's not my fault people rather waste their time conversing when they can be gorging shamelessly beside a snack table. Plus I left once the food was gone, so I'm a little obvious...shoot me.

Anyways, when I was full and waiting to binge on seconds some neighbours started to talk to me about my schooling. There is nothing I love more than food and talking about me, so I was willing to answer what ever they wanted to know. I told them I was getting my degree in Creative Writing and was asked what sort of writing I would prefer to do. Before I could say anything someone chimed into the conversation,

"You can write about the vast assortment of pizza!"

The room erupted into laughter and I sat there with a stupid grin of confusion on my face. I followed up their laughter with a,

"whaaaat?"

In which I was then informed that I have a reputation among everyone in the building. I am known as 'Pizza Box'. They call me 'Pizza Box' because the vast majority of the pizza boxes stacked outside in the recycling bins belong to me. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Being given a reputation I had no idea I had acquired. I felt a little embarrassed and as if I had to explain myself to everyone until one woman said,

"I envy you. I wish I could eat that much bread and still stay skinny."

That's all I needed to know, that someone envied me and all was well. So they may call me 'Pizza Box'. Let my reputation be known. I will eat you under the table (suggestive?) when it comes to pizza and I am proud of it!

Until then,

















DJ Wr1t3r

7 comments:

  1. I have seen you eat pizza so many times...I always know you are going to suggest pizza for dinner when we hang out, so much so that sometimes I wish really hard that either: a) you will come down with temporary amnesia and forget that pizza exists, or b) that Ali Baba's will fall into a black hole.

    Anyhow, thank you for not scarfing down your pizza at my condo and eating all dainty-like (well not quite, I have been witness to the occasional grease wipe on jeans scenario, hey better than my sofa's arm) on my fish plates.

    And don't worry, I love pizza too (but clearly not as much as you, I have never blogged about pizza...maybe diet pepsi with lime but never pizza...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pizza Box

    I have a question: how do your neighbors know that all those pizza boxes belong to you? Do they have your name on them? Or are your neighbors people who like to watch the other tenants take out their garbage?

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was GREAT Dev! I LOVED the last line!!

    Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

    Sorry it took me so long to get here - busy week!

    I'm putting you on my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone Likes To Talk About Them Self…

    I'm Always At The Food Table Too…

    But BACYSTERS Sound Like Something LUCY Would Eat…

    You Can Do Better…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachelle, my neighbours know they belong to me because we have to put a note on the front door when expecting a delivery. So no one locks out the poor magical delivery people. And I am the only one who orders in and leaves notes on the doors, plus I have been seen many times. So it is quite obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee this. I have missed your rants, and speeches thus I am so happy you have a blog. Hahahah it's true though, there is nothing greater than pizza. I miss you Aquarius buddy :( Happy almost birthday :)

    ReplyDelete