Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back to Blog.

From the words of lyricists mastermind Timbaland,

Its been a long time, long time
I shouldnt have left you, left you
Without a dope beat to step to
Step to, step to, step to
Step to, step to

Without all the steppin...I'm not that fancy on my feet. So blogging...here we are again. It's been two and a half years since I abandoned it. I apologize, I did not realize it's importance until I went back to school. Writing in any form is good for the creative mind. But let's not get pretentious and preachy about how profound we are now that we are in college...not yet at least, I am still awaiting my monocle and wooden pipe in the mail.

Instead, let's speak of the new year and the event that lead me to start a blog again.

I am hopeful that 2010 is going to be great. Hell it's already been memorable for me. The first thing I did was puke my guts out...and I wasn't even drunk...I just coughed really hard and upchucked everything in my stomach. I'm hardcore like that. Most would think that puking isn't very memorable, but I haven't vomited since I was six years old, that was seventeen years ago, so this was pretty special. Especially considering the fact I didn't aim for the toilet and instead puked in the sink. How amateur, right? Nothing says "HAPPY FUCKIN NEW YEAR!!" like scrubbing a mixture of tortilla chips, kahluha and stomach acid out of your sink at 2:00am. I don't know the thought process of those who are literally spilling their guts into a white porcelain sink, but the thoughts going through my head were

a) Now I can't brag about not puking anymore
and
b) I should blog about this.

Priorities...

I almost wish I was wasted then I would not sound so pathetic, but then again the humor would be lost. Thank you lingering cold of 2009 for making me cough so hard that you got me back into blogging.

Until then,
DJ Wr1t3r

3 comments:

  1. Your 1st Post Is SO Ghetto!

    I LOVE IT!

    DEVONDA YOU BITCH YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you puked because you combined tortilla chips and kahlua - ew.

    Also are you a fan of Aaliyah? I had no idea.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete